Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Transferred

"Well I am not in Bolivia. I am in Peru, Ica, like an hour south of Pisco. I thought for sure I was going back to Bolivia and everything because they called me and said I needed to come to the offices Sunday night night even though changes were Monday morning. But Saturday when the assistants called with the changes were Monday morning. But Saturday when the assistants called with the changes I had one and it wasn't to Bolivia, but to Ica. Elder Gil is still in La Villa and now my old CCM companion Elder Carpenter is there with him. I went to Lima Sunday night with all my stuff (and he has A LOT of stuff!) and then Monday morning we went to back go do papers to go back to Bolivia. From Lima Sur there was only two of us, me and Elder Tanner from my group, going to Cochabamba, then there were two from Lima East. The other 18 or so were all for Santa Cruz. I met that elder from grandma and grandpa's ward. He is going back soon as well. We had to go to the police station to do finger prints and get our letters saying we weren't criminals or anything. Then tomorrow night I go back to Lima for our zone conference on Thursday. Then I have to stay until Friday because we have personal interviews at the Bolivian consulate to go back. They told us that if everything goes well and all papers go through a week from this Thursday we will be gone! So quick. But for now I am here in Ica. It's not by the beach, but inland with a ton of sand dunes and everything. It's a lot bigger and nicer of a city though with a lot more nicer markets and everything. It is a lottt hotter here though. The bus ride here from Lima is 5 hours. And I think I'll be travelling back and forth a bit in these next few weeks."

"My new companion is a gringo!I'll get a little more English in and a little less of a cultural barrier. He has about a year in the mission and has been a district leader. He has been in Lima his whole mission. He is from Ogden, Utah, Elder Parker. He is pretty cool. I'm excited, although it looks like I may not be with him for a while. We both got to this area together, so we are starting out new. I guess there is one guy who is getting baptized the 25th, but we still don't know him. We've got a lot to do today. Got to go find the banks first off and pay our electric bi and phone bills. Yeah, but everything is good. I'll work here in Ica, until I get the call that I am out of here! It is all an adventure. Love, Justin"

In mom and dad's email, Justin wrote," Elder Tanner and I feel lucky that we were the chosen two from Lima Sur to go to Cochabamba. Sounds like the rest have to wait another change or two, but but the area offices told me yesterday that it is 100% sure that every missionary that ends his mission AFTER August 31 IS going back. Pretty cool. Elder Brinton (Justin's first companion in Cochabamba) ends August 15 so he is staying, but he's over it. It's nice to be with a gringo again. Everyone always says that I always get really lucky with all my changes. I think it's true. (Good thing he seems to have a short, or forgiving memory) The members in La Villa were all sad to see me go.

No comments: